- MINIMALIST TONE: Simple yet full of style and practicality, this 4-tier...
- SOLID FOUNDATION: Every good book or cherished decoration needs reliable...
- FLEXIBLE USE: Looking for a space-conscious shelf in the office? Or how...
- NO DEGREE NECESSARY: No degree in structural engineering? No worries....
- Antique gold finish
- Sturdy steel construction
- Durable, powder-coated finish
- Tempered glass shelves
- Handcrafted finish is applied to the steel frame.
- Features durable tempered glass shelves
- Middle shelves have a weight capacity of 40 lbs each. The bottom shelf can...
- Clean with a soft, dry cloth; no harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning...
- FANTESTICRYAN small animal decorative ornaments are made by ceramics and...
- Small Golden Blessing Birds Decor Bring us Peace and Love.
- Medieval Retro Style Small Animal Statues Can Decorate Your Living Room,...
- It's A Good Small Crafted Gift Choice for your Lovers, Friends, or Family...
- Modern Meets Classic Design - This set of 2 decorative bookends pairs a...
- An Elegant Accent Piece - Brass inlays adorn each side of these modern...
- Holds Books Securely in Place - Each of these heavy bookends are carved...
- Handmade from Real Solid Marble - Skilled artisans carefully carve and hone...
- Audio CD – Audiobook
- 04/26/2007 (Publication Date) - Sony Classical (Publisher)
- Hardcover Book
- Anne Dion Hinds (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 147 Pages - 10/10/1990 (Publication Date) - Crown Publishers (Publisher)
- Intricately detailed pair of thai elephant bookends
- Measures approx 7 inches tall
- Made from cold cast polyresin
- Handcrafted by tribal artisans some color variations may occur
- Add the perfect modern touch to the bedroom, living room, or study with an...
- Durable iron frame with a chic brass finish and white circular shelves
- Features 5-tiers for convenient display and storage space
- This gorgeous piece measures 20" wide x 20" deep x 53" high
- Mary-Kate Olsen, Ashley Olsen, Peter White (Actors)
- Alan Metter (Director) - Craig Shapiro (Writer) - Ashley Olsen (Producer)
- Audience Rating: G (General Audience)
How To Choose The Best Brass Bookshelf
What is the Purpose Of A Brass Bookshelves?
The brass shelf is a classic piece of furniture which has been around since ancient times. In fact, the Romans used brass shelves to store wine and food during parties. Today, brass shelving is still popular because of its durability and versatility. There are many different styles available including traditional, modern, contemporary, and rustic. Each style offers unique benefits depending on where you plan to put it. Here are some reasons why you should invest in a brass bookshelf.
It’s durable – Brasses are known for being extremely sturdy and long lasting. Unlike most metals, brasses are resistant to corrosion and tarnishing. Because of this, brass shelves last for years and require little maintenance.
It looks good – Many people think that brass is only suitable for outdoor fixtures. However, there are plenty of ways to incorporate brass into indoor decor. From wall art to lighting fixtures, brass lends itself to almost anything.
How To Install A Brass Shelf
Installing a brass shelf is fairly simple. First, measure the length and height of the shelf you wish to install. Next, cut two pieces of 1x4 lumber to these measurements. Then, attach the boards together with screws. Finally, drill holes for the screws and insert them into the board.
Types Of Brass Shelves
Traditional – Traditional brass shelves are typically found in antique stores and flea markets. They are characterized by their ornamental designs and intricate details. Most of these shelves are handcrafted and therefore vary slightly in appearance.
Modern – Modern brass shelves are sleek and streamlined. They are perfect for small spaces and minimalist homes. Modern brass shelves are commonly seen in kitchens and bathrooms.
The Importance of Purchasing Quality Brass Bookshelves?
Brass shelves are very popular among homeowners because of its durability and versatility. However, there are many types of brass shelving available in the market today. Here are some tips to help you decide which kind of brass shelf is right for you.
Quality - There are two main factors that determine the quality of a brass shelf. One factor is the material used to manufacture the shelf. Another important aspect is the finish applied to the shelf. Both these aspects contribute towards the overall quality of the shelf. For example, if the shelf has been manufactured using inferior materials, chances are that the shelf will be prone to rusting and corrosion. In addition, if the shelf does not have a high-quality finish, it will eventually fade away due to exposure to sunlight.
Durability - Brasses are known for being extremely durable. Therefore, if you plan to store heavy objects on the shelf, you must ensure that the shelf is strong enough to withstand the weight of those objects. Otherwise, the shelf could break apart.
Types of Brass Shelves Available
There are three major categories of brass shelves. Each category includes several subcategories based on the shape and style of the shelf. Let us discuss each of these categories now.
Rectangular Shelf - Rectangle shaped shelves are generally considered to be the most common type of brass shelves. These shelves are commonly found in homes and offices. They are designed to fit into standard sized spaces. Most of the times, these shelves are placed next to windows to allow natural light to enter the room. Some of the advantages of rectangle shaped shelves include:
They are sturdy. Because of their simple construction, they are able to withstand heavy loads.
Features To Look For When Buying A Brass Bookshelves
Brass shelves are very popular these days because they give a classic look to your room. However, there are many features to look for when choosing a brass shelf. Here are some tips to get you started:
The finish - There are two types of finishes available for brass shelving; polished and unpolished. Polishing gives the shelf a shiny appearance while unpolished has a matte finish. Both options are beautiful, however, polished brass looks best in modern rooms while unpolished brass looks best in traditional homes.
Size - Brasses are available in different sizes ranging from 2 feet to 6 feet wide. Make sure you measure your room carefully before purchasing a large piece of brass shelving. You don't want to end up with too small of a shelf or else you'll be left with empty spaces between the shelves.
This type of bookcase is ideal for small spaces where there isn’t enough room for a large cabinet. It comes in two versions – open shelves and closed shelves. Open shelves allow access to the entire interior of the shelf which is useful for storing smaller objects. Closed shelves only allow access to the top half of the shelf making it suitable for storing larger items. Both options are available in either solid or hollow construction.
These are typically found in kitchens and dining areas. Cabinets are built with drawers and doors that close completely. They are commonly used for storage purposes and are available in both solid and hollow construction. Solid cabinets are generally stronger than hollow ones and are therefore recommended for heavy duty applications.
These are ideal for kids’ rooms and playrooms. Locks are fitted into the front of the locker to secure valuables inside. They are available in three different designs - single door, double door and triple door. Single door lockers are the simplest design and are best suited for younger children who aren’t yet able to manage locks properly. Double door lockers are slightly more complicated and require a key to unlock. Triple door lockers are the most complex and are ideal for teenagers and adults. They include a combination lock and a handle to assist opening and closing.
These are ideal for offices and living rooms. Wall units are constructed from metal frames and glass panels. They are available in several different finishes including white, black, chrome and gold. Glass walls are transparent and allow light to pass through. Metal frames are opaque and block light. White wall units are the most popular option due to their neutral appearance. Black wall units are darker and create a dramatic effect. Chrome wall units are shiny and reflect light. Gold wall units are luxurious and attract attention.
Desks are ideal for homes and offices. Desks are available in four different materials – steel, plastic, laminate and oak. Steel desks are strong and stable. Plastic desks are lightweight and flexible.